Laparoscopy for endometriosis

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

My gynae told me to go for laparoscopy to remove my endometriosis. I am on the fence. I have stomach pain daily even without period so not too sure if this is entirely caused by endo or IBS (which my GI have also diagnosed me after not knowing what is the real issue) I need to decide if going for laparoscopy is going to be worth it?

I would like to check couple of things for those who have gone for the surgery:

1. How likely does endo come back after laparoscopy?
  2. Does the scar goes away after awhile?
  3. Any pre or post preparation for me if i were to do it?
  4. Does the pain(pain caused by endo,not surgery pain) goes away immediately after surgery?
  5. Any complication post op? (infection,movement ability,bowel movement,dietary,etc)

Not too sure what to ask since its my 1st time but its more on whether its worth the hassle for the op.

Thank you everyone in advance.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

5 months ago i had my endometriosis removed through a laparoscopy so i dont have experience on how soon the endo can come but i can tell you one thing: for me the difference the procedure made is huge ...before the surgery i was in constant pain and my quality of life was just deteriorating, i felt a difference inmediatly after i woke up from the anesthesia, there were a few days when i thought the pain was coming back and felt very frustrated but i think it was just the healing process.

i still have my bad days but it's nothing compared to what i was experiencing before my surgery.

hope this helps but always remember that results and experiences vary from patient to patient

• Posted

Thanks for sharing your story. Wish you progressive recovery and may we all be able to lead a normal life again without pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.