Laparoscopy to remove complex cyst and Hysteroscopy; endometriosis ; TTC

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, 

I am scheduled to undergo laparoscopy to remove 2 complex cysts found and hysteroscopy to check abnormal spotting. sad unfortunately the CT scan cannot determine what sort of cyst that is. The doctor has prescribed 2 cytotec pills to be inserted the night before the surgery. I'm worried how it would feel. I do not want to feel horrid even before the surgery! I've googled and cytotec is used for abortion and cervical dilation! In addition, is the dilation permanent? I've not have kids before. 

The doctor suspects endometrosis. Should we TTC right after the surgery? Whilst me and my husband wants kids, we would rather let nature takes it course. Ive read that its easiest to conceive before the endo returns. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It sounds horrendous! Is it all really necessary? I had endometriosis and it was 'fixed' with a year's continuous 'Pill'. It starved the endo and although it came back for a brief time 10 years later, another dose of the Pill put paid to it again.

I had a Laproscopy to try to find where it was (somewhere on my gut). They found 'a few tiny spots' (implying I was making a fuss about nothing) and did nothing about it. They did manage to fetch out a 'few tiny spots' (by accident) and dump them at the site of the wound in my navel. Consequently, until my lovely lady doctor sorted things out, every period I had - my belly button bled!

If the cysts are giving you trouble or preventing you from getting pregnant, then do something about it, by all means but don't let them muck you about.

• Posted

On a side note:

may I kindly ask which brand of pill, because most pills do nothing to improve endo or functional cysts (only hinder ovulation with the most possible no impact on other functions, hence they often don't work as a side effect, unless it is a 'special' pill with a certain dose and combination other than just for anti-ovulation).

We were told 'Levlen' for avoidance of new cysts and possibility of endometriosis effect suppression.

But so far no impact.

Hence may I kindly know which one you got prescribed? 

TA!

• Posted

Hi,

I was given cytotec too 4-5 hours before the surgery. It's to dilate for the surgery only. You won't feel any sort of dilation so don't worry about it. A heads up that it may cause some staining ( I noticed it on wiping) and light fever which I got worried about as it happened a couple of hrs after cytotec and before surgery and couldn't understand why the staining or fever, till the nurse told me that's normal with cytotec.

I can't help with your other question as I did not have enfometriosis, just the endometric cyst thankfully.

Take care and will pray it's sorted out for you soon.

• Posted

I had undiagnosed endometriosis for decades. I had vague symptoms that I only realized in hindsight were connected. All dismissed by the gyn so I ignored as they got worse. Bloating, heavy bleeding with large clots. Tearing pains under my ribcage in the back. Rectal bleeding 2 days before my period. Severe fatigue right before and during period.

Surgeon found endometrial tissue all over my abdomen, in my rectum, huge ovarian cysts and even choking off the artery feeding my kidney (the back pain).

Lap is much easier recovery but still invasive. Don't be surprised

So many women fight to be treated only to be dismissed. Your Dr. seems to be taking your symptoms seriously. I have several friends who had surgery to clear endometrial growth to aid in getting pregnant.

There really isn't a perfect way to determine how much growth you have, if any, without surgery. In turn, even a relatively small amount can cause significant pain and/or fertility issues.

Make sure you discuss your desire to have children and stress your seriousness. Once surgery is complete your Dr. will better able to advise whether you need to expedite your timeline. Make sure you ask your Dr. to preserve viability of your ovaries as best possible. It's best to discuss all concerns so there is no misunderstanding. If you feel unsure ask for more information. If you don't ask they think you are satisfied and comfortable. Make a list and take notes as they explain. It helped me remember things cause I was so nervous.

Don't be surprised if it takes a awhile to feel 'normal'. I was physically ready to go back to work after 8 weeks. However, periodic fatigue recurred for months. It was mostly just my body telling me to rest which is sometimes difficult due to work and family issues. Give in when you can, be good to yourself. You will come out on the other side feeling stronger and healthier but give your body the time it needs.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

• Posted

Thank you for all the support ! I was well enough to walk around the hospital room the day of the surgery. Other than the huge ache i felt when I woke up from anesthesia, it was relatively pain free. I stopped taking pain killers 2 days after the surgery. 

I was spotting after inserting cytotec the night before the surgery. My gynaecologist said this happens when there is polyp. Which he found and remove. 

I am told theres 25% chance one of the cyst may be cancerous. I'll only find out biopsy results tomorrow. I am prescribed  birth control pills for the next 30 days and was told that I can start TTC after that if all things are normal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.