Laparotomy 7 months later

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had laporotmy surgery,this past November to remove a 10 cm dermoid cyst and my left ovary. I have recovered well overall. However my left groin area where I'd imagine my left ovary was and the cyst was, I have this mild tenderness sensation/discomfort . Is this normal? I feel like I'm being paranoid as I know my ovary is no longer there, and of course the cyst, could i still be healing? I'm making an appointment to discuss this with my doctor however I'm wondering if anyone else experiences this? If so what did your doctor advise you.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi I am going to have a 9 cm mass removed in a couple of days and they might remove my ovary as well so I would like to be kept updated if you don't mind... As for your discomfort it might have to do with your ovaries not being there anymore  or scar tissues but I would definately get it checked to make sure theres not another growth.
    • Posted

Hi there I hope all goes well on your surgery. I know how you feel. Yes it makes since, maybe my body is still getting adjusted with it not having a 10 cm cyst or ovary there. It comes and goes and I tell myself don't think about it but I'm still going to talk with dr about it.
  • Posted

I had the same surgery and a similar size Dermoid removed.Recently a friend had surgery and was saying about new pains and it reminded me of the pains I got a few months after.I learnt that nerves take the longest to heal and when they start sparking back into action it causes a dull and sometimes sharp pain around the incision sites.It wouldn't do you any harm to get checked to put your mind at rest.
    • Posted

P's all my doc advised was painkillers.It shouldn't last long if it is that.
    • Posted

Okay thank you, it's not my incision scar although it gets itchy... It's like my left groin area where I have this tenderness... calling the dr on Monday just to be sure .
  • Posted

*UPDATE* I am going to have an transvaginal ultrasound tomorrow to see about the dull ache ive been having on my left side. i am hoping nothing serious but an answer at least as to why i am feeling this, its everyday now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.