Laparotomy Surgey Results

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

Me again.

So I am over 10 days into recovery and aside from a sore bum from resting on the sofa, a sore back from a bad bed and an opened wound (re stitched) I am doing well.

Wanted to let you all know the results and hope to get some similar stories.

I had the left Ovary removed along with the tube and the results showed a low grade cancer cell in that removed ovary. The doctor was very very positive and said he wanted me back in 6 weeks to repeat the CA125 and he fully expects that to show a drop of levels and that will be it (aside from regular checks.)

The nurse who then removed my staples was also so positive and said it was amazing it was caught so early (it was as it was not the reason I went to a Dr in the first place)

So with it being low grade and in that removed ovary, the prognosis is good. I still have my right as I am childless and want a baby. They done a biopsy of the right one and did not even mention this in the results so I can assume this is good and clear. if it was not they would have told me and recommend it being removed too.

I am prepared in the future to have that one removed if anything changes. Sure I want a baby, but my health is important too.

The only thing that has concerned me was the tone of voice another dr had when he was tending my open wound. He has been one of the drs involved with the case so knows the ins and outs. When he asked if I had my results and I replied yes. His answer was a solem "sorry". Which scared me slightly. Though he was solem when he told me I needed surgery!!!

But I have to remember how my dr reacted. He does chemo on ladies and was postive I would not need it as it was so low grade and in that ovary, that the risk is gone.

So good news at present. Guess the 6 week check will be the confirmation.

Anyone else with similar stories?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

awww glad your feeling better carina xx
    • Posted

Thanks. Wound is healing now.

Only side effect of the resting is more time to google. Never good!

• Posted

Hi Catrina I'm glad your surgery went well and it was caught in time. I'm just wondering how elevated your ca125 was if you don't mind me asking. I had a call from my doctor the other day to day mine is 55 and my cyst will need to be removed and biopsied. However due to previous surgery and being told I'm high risk of bowel rupture I'm very reluctant to have surgery and am trying the alternative road for now. I'm glad your surgery is behind you now and your on the mend. Take care
    • Posted

Hi

I dont know the actual number. They said it was slightly high before the operation. But never asked for a number.

Hope you do well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.