Lapatory and mymectomy

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello there,

Am new to this group but I just want to hear your thoughts about laparotory and mymectomy surgery. I just had one 4days ago and my surgeon managed to remove 5fibroids but I still don't know how big they were but they were quiet big. The journey to recovery is where am struggling to keep especially when it's time to sleep. Any advice I can deal with this uncomfortable sleep? Anyone who has gone thru this before? Help

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Well at 4 days you are definitely still in pain. I didn’t really take the pain medicine prescribed to me during the day but I did at night so I was able to sleep. It was really uncomfortable for me to sleep on my stomach and my left side. It’ll get better after the first week. 
    • Posted

Yes my left side was a problem but am now getting better. It's just the gas in my tummy that is so annoying and painful . Today is my 12th day after op but the middle of my tummy feels numb and still bloated. How long did it take you for your stomach to feel normal or better regarding the swollen and bloatedness?

• Posted

The gas was the worst pain ever!!!!!! I literally would lay on the floor and cry. I’m actually a person who works out on the regular and my stomach has not completely went down after 4 weeks. Still swollen and still not at 100%. I’ve had to learn to listen to my body and not over do it. I’m probably at 90% but from what I’ve been reading it’s varies case by case 
    • Posted

The gas is the waste pain more than anything else true. Your lucky now that you have already passed 4wks I can't wait especially to try to put on the clothes that was showing my fibroids belly. 😂 when I walk I feel perfect it's only when am sleeping and gas that's what us annoying me. But am resting a lot I don't want to rush to do anything. I hope your still resting hun and all the best.?

• Posted

The Plus was when I went for my post op appt I was down 6 pounds from the day of my surgery 😳those 9 fibroids we’re giving me extra weight 

• Posted

Am hoping it will come to that as well. I also like to work out and eat healthy, but this year was hard no matter what I do. Will find out in 4wks if the weight has dropped. Cheers for your encouragement

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.