lapidus procedure. pain on top of foot where screws are

Posted , 3 users are following.

Anyone having pain on top of foot where screws are placed afterwalking?? I know we're all suppose to be patient, but it been 2 weeks of walking and suddenly having pain where screws are placed.I'm concerned. Or is this something normal everyone may be experiencing? Does it get better?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I'm on,y five weeks since op, but I've read on here that people are having win, swelling and problems walking right up to 6 months and beyond.  I still get tension in my

foot if I use to too much, the. I get swelling.  Occasional I get a dull nearly sharp pain from the operated area, but then it goes.   Someone said that's when he nerves are mending?

• Posted

Sorry about typos, should have readrolleyes
    • Posted

That's okay, that happens to me too.

I understood what you were saying. Thank you for getting back with me so soon. It sucks because I just put in my paperwork to return to work. I'm hoping this pain from walking will get better. I'm goin to rest the foot for a couple of day and hope that's it. "Back on the crutches again"" it's been a little over 3 months.

Hope it gets better.

Good luck to you...

• Posted

Jennifer I had the Lapidus procedure about 5 months ago. I experienced that as well. It went away. I think it makes a difference which procedure you had when people compare their experiences. Since you had the same one I did, I have a question for you. When you attempt to curl your toes under, does the big toe follow suit...even a little? Also, when it is curled under, can you take and move it with your finger back toward your body even though you are curling under? That is my experience and it has not changed and I don't thing it is normal, but I am curious your experience.

Thanks, Nancy

• Posted

I remember talking with you before. I was trying to find out last chat to ask you, but couldn't find it. My big toe still doesn't move. I try and curl my toes and my big toe stays still. I have to force it to move and only towards the body.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one to have this pain on top of foot. I was concerned the screws were forcing the bone to be pushed up. So uncomfortable!! I guess I'll be resting more often.

• Posted

Jennifer

my left foot is fine, but my right one, looks like it's had an extra layer added to the top, and hurts, esp when I walk down stairs. Still have problems sitting on the floor, grrrr.

caroline

bilateral lapidus+stuff

• Posted

This does suck. I feel like my screws are poping up. And it hurts. I'm just afraid to tell my Dr. Cuz I don't wanna go back under and just got the clearance to go back to work.

Grrrr!!!

• Posted

Jennifer 

one reason I'm not so worried about this, is that last June I had a serious kidney infection, and passed out, cutting through my eyebrow, and top lip badly bruising my face. The scar on the top lip was red and very pronounced  , looking more like an large unexploded spot for the best part of 6 months. In the past months the swelling has diminished, and is just a slightly raised bump. So, if that small cut has taken nearly a year to heal/fade away then I should expect 'the foot work' is going to be a similar time if not slightly longer.

im just thankful that last years accident has faded otherwise I'll be a dead ringer for franskinstein .

i know what you mean, re telling the Dr, don't think it's bad enough to waste their time, but hoping that it isn't that bad to go through further self inflicted  pain.

i do feel I'm one of the 15% where the operation hasn't worked! but I'll give it another 6 months.

Caroline xx

• Posted

Thank you!! It is already getting better. I think I was just doing too much even though it didn't seem like it. I rest my foot all day every other day and makes a world a difference.

Sorry about your fall. That's sounds like it was painful. sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.