Laprascopic Myomectomy

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all

I am having a Laprascopic Myomectomy on 11 January 2018. Recovery is 2- 4 weeks I have read but not sure which is correct I would like to know due to work commitments and just wondered if there are any other Ladies on here to advise.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Take 4 weeks. I would not want to go back any time before I was healed. 
  • Posted

The recovery is 4 weeks but you can go back to work 2 weeks after as long as you dont lift. 
  • Posted

Based upon my own experience, I'd go for four weeks, however I did lose a lot of blood during surgery and was anaemic which held me back the most. I guess it depends what type of work you do as well. If you're sat at a desk all day and no lifting is required, you might feel ok to do it after two weeks, but I wouldn't push it, it's just not worth it.

• Posted

Hi all 

I am having a Laprascopic Mymomectomy. I had a Pre op Assesment and the nurse said it may be cancelled if I have my period which is due anytime. Wondered if anyone has had this 

Thank you 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.