Laproscopic Cholecystectomy Incisions

Posted ,

I had the normal 4 incisions as I had the keyhole surgery to remove my gall bladder. one at the belly button 2 at the right side and one above at where the gallbladder would have been located.

Let me say that the 2 small cuts on my right side are inconspicuous, the one at my belly button still shows but will heal, but it's the one at the top that is giving me concern as when I bend down on occasions I get a strange feeling and I sometimes jump, it's like at that point when I press it feels a little bit stiff.

It's been 2 weeks to the day since I had this done, so am I being a bit too anxious about this or should it not be feeling like this after 2 weeks?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If you otherwise feel reasonably OK and it's not hot, sore and or weeping puss then it's fine smile
  • Posted

2 weeks post op - the incision is still healing so stop pressing it!

I am 4 weeks post op and the top incision does feel stiff and harder than the others. I think it is scar tissue.

It is all fine. You have got through the worst. Now it should all start to get better, I haven't felt this well in years!

best of luck!!

Lellyxx

• Posted

LellyM

Yes like you say it takes time for the body to heal, have you had the biopsy report back?

My report said the Gallbladder was inflamed and thickened, and there were some gall stones, but of course we knew about the latter previously hence the op.

Glad it all went well for you.

• Posted

I have my follow up next week but surgeon already told me my GB was chock full of the little so-and-so's.

So hey ho!

Life is still feeling pretty good!

L

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.