laproscopic hysterectomy

Posted , 5 users are following.

im 3 weeks out how long do you bleed for?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, is it just 'spotting', if anything more and you are having to change a pad every hour or so then you need to go to the doctor, spotting can last anything up to 6 weeks and sometimes at around the 2-3 weeks mark you may lose a little bit more in one go, this is pooled blood and nothing to worry about but again I say that if this goes on for a long time and it is a lot then seek reassurance from your GP or the consultant who did the surgery.

• Posted

Hello thank you for responding. Well I am going to be 4 weeks out Tuesday. I started having fevers that would go to highest of 100.6 started last Thursday so I went to the dr on Friday and they did a UA and said I had a bladder infection so put me on meds for that. That's feeling better but I still get the 99 fever at times. I am just thinking it's the bladder infection . But this morning it was like you said I wear thin pads and about 2:00 am I felt it heavy so I changed the pad and then about 4:40 again same thing. I was getting worried . But now it's slowed down . But it does that at certain moments it's weird. I'm like they took everything out where is the blood coming from lol

• Posted

Hi Amy,

I had abdominal incision hysterectomy. No bleeding after op. Some people may suffer infection that may cause slight spotting.

Have a safe op and take care

• Posted

I had abdominal hysterectomy also and no bleeding, not a drop, though I was told it was possible. Hysterectomy recovery for me was OK. I was swimming after 6 weeks.
  • Posted

Hi Amy, I had laparoscopy - total hysterectomy in March this year.  I had bleeding for about 5 weeks, not heavy and just wore light pads.  If you are unsure and still not feeling well, I would go back to Doctor.  Hope you feel better soon xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.