Laproscopic surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had a cyst on my right ovary for more than 3 years it is about 4 cm.  I have gone through taking the different BCP but nothing has helped shrink it.  Since December I have felt very bloated, in pain especially before my period starts, and pain whem I make certain movements or with exercise.  The pain is almost always on the right side.  I have had several US.  The Dr. is scheduling me for a laproscopic removal of the cyst and a D&C to see if that will help regulate my periods.  The periods have been irregular since the cyst was first noted 3 years ago.  I am 44 and generally in good health.  Is this a standard treatment?  Anyone else go through similar and feel better after the surgery?  Thank you!!!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Just curious... are you having the entire ovary removed or only the cyst?
  • Posted

I am just having the cyst removed.  The only time they would remove the ovary is if it was necessary to control bleeding.
    • Posted

Thanks.  I'm having surgery next week and they are taking out the ovary because the mass is inside of it.  Trying to find out a little more about what that is like.
  • Posted

Good luck to you!  I think most cys are not cancerous if it happens before menapause.  They are just annoying.  I am a Registered Nurse so it will be strange to be on the patient side of thngs!
    • Posted

sorry some of my keys stick on the keyboard so it is not typing out right!
    • Posted

That's okay!  I have read that most are benign if before menopause and lab work was all normal.  Trying to get used to the idea of the actual surgery.  I'd say it will be interesting for you to be on the other side of the situation.  I hope all goes well for you, too!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.