Large BP fluctuations over 7 days

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I'm 62 male. 5' 8" and weigh just under 72kgs.

Never smoked, drank a lot when younger mid

age and at times weekends always worked

several years at car body shop then clerical

for 30 yrs and early retirement at 58yrs.

History raised BP for at least 20 yrs at bp EG 140 86 and more recent yrs at hosptial visits

160 90. Had 24 monitor 5 yrs ago and no further action

Do home tests gp style bp checker three times a day - go for walks -

last 5 moths drink weekends average over two dats 3 pints.

5/6 days a brisk walk 30 mins. 8/9 hours sleep. more careful with food.

BP reading vary over the week lowest in the afternoon about 2pm not always

same day wariations 112- 74 to 133 86 - usally about 125/84 to 129/87

but several times a week take three reading daily and take an average of two reading a minute apart -

highs averge of 2 reading same session 146- 92 - spikes of 170 - 97 at times

usally never take after walk, bath or food or cleaning for half an hour

dad had first heart attack at 60 and several more to 72 yrs of age appeared very fit then stroke and passed away within 24 hours. He was a daily drinker, old school a bit like be

but i have cut back but rarely drank 7 days a week but many years of weekend drininking

I have b12 injections and sugar levels last time about yr ago were high end normal.

What would you recommed other than seeing the gp and i will ask for another 24 b monitor.

Thanks

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.