Large Clots after Ureteroscopy

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a stent and stone removed today through Ureteroscopy.  Procedure was quick and painless.  After the procedure where the Doctor was able to just pull the stone out, I had to urinate in a container before I was allowed to leave the hospital.  There were a few small clots, but nothing to be alarmed about and they let me go.  They said it would be normal to have clots for a while.  

Well now, the clots are really big.  They are not little round things, but big things that look like they are about the size of a quarter of a banana.  There is NO pain, just pressure as I'm starting to urinate and then they come out.  I'm passing plenty of urine, and there is a lot of blood as well, although I was told to only worry about that if the blook was bright red in color.  The clots are really dark in color.  I'm drinking lots of water as well.  I feel great, just seriously grossed out and concerned about the size of the clots.

Thanks in advance for the help.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hopefully everything is normal. I am having this procedure on Monday so reading this is making me a bit nervous.  Following to see what others have experienced. 

Best of luck to you. 

• Posted

That's how I was like as well. As long as you feel OK, just make sure your doctor knows, but it probably isn't worrisome. Some people bleed a lot, some hardly at all.

• Posted

So this morning there is a lot less blood and few clots.  I have been on baby aspirin and the doctor told me to stay on it for the stent in my heart, so I'm sure I may have bled a little more than some others would have.  Kirs, honestly, the procedure was not an issue at all.  You are out for the entire process and I was not sore, it's just like a colonscopy....going in, you have nightmares, but once your done, you wonder why you were so worried.  I still have clots today, but much smaller.  Drinking lots of water seems to help as well.

• Posted

Glad to hear it is slowing down and you are recovering. 

This is my fifth and hopefully last procedure.  

Thanks for responding. Makes me feel a bit better knowing pain shouldn't be an issue. 

• Posted

Tonight, most of the clotting is gone.  The interesting thing was that there was zero pain when urinating, even with the huge clots.  Just a build-up of pressure at the start of urination.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.