Large complex incisional hernia

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi all hope your all ok,

Im new to this and have just found the courage to share my story and would really like your help.

In 2014 i had a umbilical and ventral hernia repair unfortunatley this wasnt a sucsess and ive been left in a worse state than i was. I developed a dehiscence of my wound which required daily packing and internal abscess that required surgical drainage with hernia mesh removal. 

Ive now been told i require a component seperation tecnique, has anyone had this? id be really grateful for any advice. x

3 likes, 52 replies

52 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Phil Debbie No Insurance Surgery in the US carries out research of patients recovering from hernia mesh pain.  Mesh seals itself to the tissue it supports by inciting chronic inflammation.  This chronic inflammation nerver stops and for twenty percent it results in chronic pain, eighty percent get a good result.  Possibly worth your having a look at the above
    • Posted

H i shirley what are the alternatives to mesh surgery ? as the original operation incision failed and caused hernia what else is there ?
    • Posted

Hi sue I believe there is an own tissue repair there are surgeons in the U.K. Who can do this and I believe it is called the desarda method offered by a surgeon in India.  I have recently been in hospital with complications which I believe are linked to my mesh repair.  I am in an enormous amount of discomfort and from time to time pain.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.