Posted , 2 users are following.
So, I found out I have a large cyst (the size of a small fist) on my right ovary. The cyst has bled into itself. We found the cyst because I was having a lot of pressure on my left side which then turned into pain. The pain was probably a 7 or 8 and was both in the front and in my back so I went in thinking it might be a kidney stone but my dr did a pelvic exam and felt something odd and sent me for a stat pelvic ultrasound. I waited four hours after my ultrasound to find out I had a large cyst that was prob causing the pain and was told to follow up with my gyno, that it wasn't urgent. So I took half a tramadol that night and made an appt. with my gyno the next morning.The pain was much better the next day. I saw the gyno yesterday (initial pain was wednesday night and dr and ultrasound was thursday) and found out the specifics (size of a fist, bled into) and she recommended waiting and rechecking it in two months unless it causes me severe pain before then. She said its pushing on my uterus and possibly pushing everything over so it could have been hitting a nerve and causing pain on the left. Today it feels like its pushing on a nerve on the right and I feel like it's causing that uncomfortable pinched nerve feel down the back of my right leg starting at the inside of the hip. It's not super painful but it's uncomfortable. I called the dr today about that and they just said if it's super painful (which it's not its just uncomfortable and slight pain) I can go back in to see the gyno or go to the ER. My concern about leaving a cyst this large are if it ruptures. My dr made it sound like it would be a good thing if it ruptured on its own (OWW! no thanks) but if it's bleeding into itself and it ruptures, couldn't I have internal bleeding which could be dangerous? Or if that blood is old or infected could I go septic? If the cyst twists coudl it cause unrepairable damage? My dr acted like it's no big deal unless it causes severe pain again or gets larger in the next two months in which case she would want to do surgery to remove it, but I still feel very anxious about it. Also, I should note that this cyst is new. I had an ultrasound at the end of May and I had no cysts. So I am also concerned about leaving it for two more months and not knowing how much bigger it could get when it's gotten this big in four months or less. Is there more risk leaving the cyst or more risk having it removed? Thoughts?
0 likes, 5 replies