Large cyst and ovaries removed

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi, I had large cyst and both ovaries removed 5 days ago and have still not past a bowel movement anyone know how long it could take? Also does your tummy get smaller after cyst removed mine was a big one big as football surgeon said I look bigger now that before cyst was removed also my tummy so hard! 😩

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Cyst was as big as a football my tummy bigger now than before cyst removed it's also very hard 

• Posted

Hi Sarah,

After  5 weeks, my tummy is still hard, but starting to go down a little bit.  I did some work in the yard this weekend and got very sore and tender in lower tummy, I thought I would have to call doctor, but today is better, maybe I over did it a bit.  I have heard tummy is still hard after a couple of months it takes time time to get for everything to heal.

Take PeriColace or Sinakot to get your bowels moving, you should be having something by now.

• Posted

Hi Kelly, yeah I give it a couple more days then I will get somthing Iv got some sinakot but last time I took that it gave me pains in my tummy might get some milk magnesium! I can't get in my trousers now so depressing I look pregnant 😩 X

• Posted

Look up Mag O7 on amazon to help you have a bowel movement. Works great
    • Posted

Iv just been!😂 Thankyou anyway! Feel much better now xx

• Posted

Hi Sarah,

Just checking in to see how you are doing 1 week post op.  So how are you doing? 

• Posted

Hi Kelly, yeah I'm doinfpg fine Thankyou! Not been in any pain just wish my tummy would go down,  do you lose weight if you have a large cyst removed do you know! I know some of it is to do with the gas they put in your belly but I can't fit into my trousers! 😩 How are you? Xx

• Posted

I'm glad you are doing better time will heal...  I'm doing okay, a bit down as the relization has hit me that I'm now sterile by the doctors choice.  I know this may seem not important at my age, but I wanted to do at my choice and not the doctors, just because he was already in there and it would be best because most cancer starts in the tubes.

Anyway, what has been done is done and need to move on.

My cyst with the liquid weigh about 2 lbs. so maybe I can get some weight off.  I'm back at doing my exercises, but not all of them because of my hernia surgery I want to give it more time for that recovery period.

How long did you take off from work?  I took 2 weeks.

• Posted

Hello yeah I got upset when realised had no ovaries anymore not that I need them at my age but just the thought that they not there anymore it like part of me missing anyway over that now just got  to move on x 
    • Posted

Hello I'm sure the doctors did what they did for a reason, they took both my ovaries away the right one was normal and healthy but I had it taken away so I not suffer with no more cysts x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.