Large cyst - do they move?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have recently been diagnosed with large cyst 12.5x 10cm on my left ovary. All the symptoms frequent peeing, bleeding after exercise. Bad constant bloating I look 6 months pregnant. I am on the waiting list for emergency surgery for removal. The strange thing is is for last month my cyst has been sticking out and could be felt through my abdomen. The last couple of days I have noticed I can't feel it. I still have the large bloated stomach etc. I have a new symptom of lower left pain in my back if I move about to much or stand to long. Has anyone experienced their cyst moving? Could it of moved towards my back. Could it be shrinking on its own I would love this. Not sure if that's wishfully thinking as I am dreading getting a hysterectomy. I am 41 and mum of 2. Thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I'm 24 and had an extra large 30cm cyst removed a little over a month ago.

Mine didn't move to where I would visibly notice a difference on a day-to-day basis but it did displace several of my organs and some days it was more difficult to breathe than others because it was also 29cm vertically, so it was pressing on my diaphram. Not to the point of pain or uncomfortable-ness, though.

Hopefully you get surgery soon!

• Posted

If you dont want a hysterectomy dont get one. The only reason you would need one is if it was cancer. Tell them to preserve what ever they can when they remove the cyst. Mine didnt move but it was 37 cm wasnt any room for it to move.Gyno oncologist are the best for removing the cyst. Most arent cancer.Mine wasnt.
  • Posted

Hi,

I recently had a large cyst removed. i always had the lower back pain and an almost stretching like pain in my lower right abdomen and back when standing. It was much better when I sat down! But, I had this all along. As your symptoms have changed I would call the doc as a matter of assurance! Also, do you know what kind of cyst ? The reason I ask is because I have endometriosis - the only "cure" being a hysterectomy. If you do not have this it's likely your cyst is just a simple cyst or complex - not caused by endo. In which case in unsure as to why they would suggest a hysterectomy!!! Do not consent to anything that you don't want done, it isn't a necessary thing unless you have cancer or extreme endo!!

Wishing you well smile

• Posted

Thanks I agree. Will have a chat with my gyno and find out why they are pushing for hysterectomy. As I don't want it unless completely no choice. Not sure what kind of cyst will ask that as well and won't be sure if cancer until removed. Op in the next 2 weeks. smile

• Posted

Mine move a lot. Sometimes they cause me extreme pain, sometimes I can barely feel them. Sometimes they press on my insides and I can move them down so that I can go toilet a bit more easily. Horrible arent they. At 41 you have a good few more years of fertility and hormones being released into your body, you shouldn't have a hysterectomy unless its actually needed x

• Posted

Thank you. Was starting to think it was just me that felt them move. Got my letter for my pre assessment today and surgeon has booked me in for Salpingo oophorectomy only so delighted about that and should be done soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.