Large Cyst on right ovary 27cm

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I recently found out I have a large cyst on my right ovary its 27 cm ,I am having laparoscopy surgery, has anyone gone through this? with this size of cyst? How much did it weigh? I also have a large stomach and back pain, people have asked if I am having a baby and its depressing. can anyone relate?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi,

I can relate to what you're going through, but I'm still currently waiting to confirm cyst by Transvaginal Ultrasound next month and I am booked for Laparoscopy for lysis of adhesions. I had laparoscopic surgery for endometriosis: they only had to make 2 one inch incisions. The good news is its very minor surgery and you can get back to normal fairly quickly. You may not even have to stay the night in hospital. I've had open surgery for a ruptured appendix as well. I've had abdominal pain for about 8 years now: lots of tests and treatment for confirmed Celiac disease, Endometriosis, IBS, H Pylori infections and ulcers. However, in the last few weeks, pain has steadily increased in my lower right pelvic area and I'm in severe pain almost every day now. My regular dose of painkiller (Statex 10mg) is barely taking the edge off. I'm fairly sure it's an Ovarian cyst. My abdomen is so bloated that I also look about 7 months pregnant. My regular roughly 33 inch waist is currently at 48 inches! I cannot wear pants at all now! If I may ask, has the cyst affected your bathroom habits? Mine are all over the place. An extra annoyance on top of pain LOL. When are you having surgery? Is your pain being managed well? Hope things go smoothly for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.