Large dermoid cyst.. painful need advice

Posted , 3 users are following.

About a year ago I started developing a lot of pelvic pain .. felt like someone was ripping me apart. A year later and multiple referrals I found out I have a 16*11 cm dermoid cyst. Latest ct showed cyst raptured and riased tumor marked to 120. I was referred to oncologist who doesn't believe it's malignant but biopsy will show 100%. He said he will rich my gyno and she will be the one to perform surgery. Haven't hear back yet ( granted was only 2 days ago). Was wondering how long did u wait for surgery and what about when cyst is ruptured? I live in Canada btw .. this pain is killing me , I'm nauseous and dizzy and have to pee so often .. ughh

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Oh wow! I would think they will fast track your surgery given your scenario. I am in Canada as well and I had to wait 3 months but wasn’t in much pain till the last month (no rupture) so I wasn’t an “urgent” case. Good luck and keep us posted!
    • Posted

Hope you are right and the process gets speed up. I remember first time I went to see my fam doctor he questioned my pain ( as I was having trouble laying straight on the table). He said " does it really hurt that much? " and he never put me for an urgent mri referal despite the radiologist recommendation from the ultrasound.. I just feel like i have been let down by the healthcare system . I am 30 and no children either and could be losing an ovary but at least it's not an immature teratoma as my gyno had thought ..

• Posted

Make sure you are being very vocal about it. I would go back and say the pain is getting worse etc...ask to get bumped a head if there are any cancellations as well. 

And if it gets unbearable go to emerge and they will likely have to operate! 

• Posted

I'm in the US. Two weeks.  I began as an emergency case (ambulance ride to the ER) and almost had the procedure right that next day -- but for a few reasons chose discharge and scheduling of it.  I was in alot of pain, taking oxy round the clock -- due to torsion.  Can you go into the hospital in an emergency scenario, bypassing all the waiting?  Hopefully you will be taken care of soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.