Large fibroid embolization success

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ladies I posted a little while ago if anyone had bigger fibroids and had embolization and had success. I have one that's 9cm. The radiation dr says it's possible and the fibroid is by a muscle so that should help. I heard back of a couple good success outcomes with that procedure but wasn't sure if they were on the larger group of fibroids. I get this done in a week.

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had an embolization. Mine was 14 1/2  cm. It worked for a bit, and then my fibroid found new arteries! I ended up with a myomectomy. If I had to do it the same way, I would. It was worth the shot. Good luck smile
  • Posted

Hi Kristen,

I wish you luck with your uterine fibroid embolization!  I had mine exactly 4 months ago for 4 fibroids sized 2 cm - 13 cm and so far so good.  Yes, the first week was rough, but it was a breeze for me afterwards.  I was walking outdoors most days for about 15 minutes and then my radiologist at the 2 week post procedure appointment gave me the go ahead to go back to exercising, however, I was not up to my usual aerobic routine. My stomach has lost a few inches and my fundus is now in my lower abdomen as it should be (took about 3 months).  Good Luck!

• Posted

Thanks

I appreciate all the feed back my uterous above belly button it already looks smaller so I'll go back and get ultra sound they said In about three months.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.