Large Lymphnodes in neck

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm female and 18. I have swollen Lymphnodes in my neck and under my jaw, they're symmetrical. I am worried that I have lymphoma as they have been there for months. I have been to 3 different doctors and had a trip to A&E due to a pain in my ribs which he said was suspecter pleurisy (the pain went the next day, and I felt fine until I researched and a lot of individuals with lymphoma have pleurisy). The Doctors basically told me to stop being ridiculous and that I do not have cancer. I just can't shake the feeling that they're not supposed to be there and the only answer is lymphoma? I have also been very itchy, which is making my anxiety worse as that is a symptom. I also had blood tests and they came back clear (although lymphoma cannot be diagnosed this way).

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, are they hard? How big would u say? N have u had any scans? I have reactive lymph nodes on one side of neck in the cervical area that's been there for over 9 weeks now, I have had a scan & blood and they told me not to worry its not lymphoma, but I am the same and can't shake the feeling it is not suppose to be there, and have also been in and out of doctors and hospital with all kinds of pains and generally feeling unwell. I hope you get some facts soon. Let me know how you get on x

• Posted

Hey Sarah! No I have not had any scans and I would say maybe 5cm? I have also been visiting the doctors for different pains I have been feeling but my Doctor said that anxiety can cause many physical affects and that is what I could be experiencing. I went to the Doctors last year about the lymphones and was told it was due to a throat infection (that year I had so many throat infections I couldn't count). They havent really grown since then or bothered me until a few weeks ago. The 4/5 different doctors who gave examined me never even mentioned the thought of lymphoma it was me who mentioned it and they basically said I am being ridiculous. During my Internet frenzy on lymphnode's in the neck I have discovered that many people have had them for years and they just there. I had blood tests and everything came back normal, although I basically had to beg to get blood tests because they didn't think anything was wrong. I hope this gives you some relief if you feel like something is really wrong then pursue some tests to ease your mind x

• Posted

Forgot to mention they are sort of hard but I wouldn't say rock hard. The ones under my jaw are very move able where as the ones in my neck not so, but I think that could be due to the muscles around them x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.