Large mass in thigh area.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have just been to the doctors due to the discovery of a large lump near my right inner  thigh area... The problem is of course the more I Google the more I'm worried.

The doctor has ordered me a Scan in about 3-4 weeks provided the lump/mass doesn't get any larger.

He said he isn't worried about it. But I just thought 'well if you are worried your not going to admit it'.. It's a big lump about 3 cm wide and 5 cm long. 

Google just says Sarcoma. well at least that what this lump presents. Are there any other reasons for such a large lump to come up?.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Cyst ,boils,lipoma(my dad had one of those behind his head), a clogged hair follicle, or an abcess did he give you any antibiotics?
    • Posted

Hi erika90744... This lump shows no outward sign. I've just been off work for 7 weeks due to a back injury and am due back this Thursday. So imagine my disbelief when still getting pain I discover this large mass. It's attached to the  Sartorius Muscle. So no, no antibiotics. I was hoping it might have been related to the fall I had, but this has been dismissed. Deep Lipoma is a possibility, or a benign mass which I have had to go through already a couple of years ago in my neck. Well I've been through the mill last time with the possibility of Cancer, and Thought I'd never have to go through it again but here we are. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.