Posted , 5 users are following.
Hi, i hope someone can give me a little bit of advice as this has all happened fairly quickly.
I went for a gynae appointment due to bleeding and was told i had a cervical cyst, she said she would do a hysteroscopy to remove it and check things out under a GA, then she sent me for ultrasound which revealed a 9.5cm cyst either endometrial or hemmoregic. Now i will have to have it removed under a laparoscopy and a hystercopy at the same time. She told me i may lose my ovary also.
To be honest i expected to be back at work the day after and resume normal life but from what ive been reading its not the case, ive read its a 4-6 weeks recovery and you musnt lift anything heavy or drive.
Im also have the ca125 blood test tomorrow as i told the gynae i was only worried about cancer and she told me straight that she couldnt tell me from ultrasound what it was and i would need the blood test, ive read this can be skewed from endo and having the test near your period which i will be.
If someone has been through this could they please answer my questions:
1) Did anyone have high ca125 but it wasnt cancer related
2) I have had symptoms of abdominal pain but i thought it was my bowels or hip pain etc, it now makes sense but everything i read people had protruding stomachs and looked pregnant, im often bloated but not pregnant looking, find it strange i didnt see any evidence.
3) Did it effect anyones bowels, i need to go alot like ibs but i dont think it is now.
4) Ive heard the gas in your shoulder is the worst part after surgery, how long does that actually last?
5) In reality will i be able to do office work the next day? Nothing physical.
6) how long before i can walk my dog again who pulls and goes crazy when she sees another dog. Shes only small but shes strong.
7) Is there anything i shoudl expect that im unlikely to be thinking of. As its just small incisions and a day case i thought id be sore but fine the next day.
0 likes, 5 replies