Large Painful Lump On Base of Penis Shaft

Posted , 4 users are following.

First of all, I want to make clear (for a better diagnosis) that I have not had sexual intercourse with anyone, which rules out the possibility of anything caused by such.

About a week ago, I suddenly found a large lump (diameter ~1.2cm, heigh ~0.8cm) that is painful to the touch. While it pains a little when pressure is applied, it is rather painful if squeezed. It does not have any particular color; marginally reddish, but that's all. I would like to know what kind of symptom this is, and if leaving it be is the best solution (so that it can slowly fade away). While I do not remember clearly, I recall that its formation was very sudden; less than 24h, I would say.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like a small boil, spot or cyst.  It's difficult to know what to suggest without being certain. 

If it is then [although medical advice would probably be "leave it alone"] if you bathe it with hot salt water [1 teaspoon to a pint] you may persuade it to burst and it will go away.

If worried see a doctor

• Posted

Hello

I recently developed the same symptom.

A bean size lump on the right side of base of penis shaft. I noticed a pain in that area while i wash bathing. Then I noticed the lump. I am sure it developed in around 24hrs.

It's painful and I can't even wear tight underwear. I usually workout 5-6 days a week. But i am afraid as I can't run becuase of it. I can't even think of squats now.

Please help.

What happened to your lump ?

Did you have to see the doctor?

What did you doctor say then?

• Posted

update:

It was nothing to worry about.

I went to see a doctor. He said it is just an ingrown hair. Follicle hair infection. Gave me some antibiotics and it's healing now. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.