Large septated ovarion cyst

Posted , 3 users are following.

My mom has an ovarion cyst that is 12.8 x 11.7 x 10.9 cms big with mural and septation nudality along with doppler flow. There is free pelvic fluid and i was told her ca 125 levels are not to high. The gyn oncologists say they are perparing for cancer and suspect is malignant. Is there any chance its benign? She was suppose to have surgery on the 10th but got cancelled because she had to be cleared with a blood test now she is scedhuled for the 24th and im really nervous and scared

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

theres a typo there isnt actually any free pelvic fluid
  • Posted

I wish drs wouldn't do that.  I was told cancer more prevalent in 60yo and older, but not a for sure.  I'm 50 and had hysterectomy and large cysts removed 4 wks ago.   My 1 cyst was completely blocking an ovary.   If  your mom does have cancer- then maybe catching in very early stage and remove all at once!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you both!!!

• Posted

Andy they put on my CT scan suspected cancer also. I had a 37cm cyst. Doc said bigger than a basketball.It was septated they said with mural nodules all vary bad signs. I also had a elevated ca 125. Mine wasnt cancer. Most cysts arent cancerous.Every thing i read pointed to cancer and it wasnt. Please try not to worry as it is probably not cancer. Keeping you and your mom in my thoughts and prayers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.