Laryngeal Granuloma Info Needed

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have a growth on my throat next to my vocal chords and it is blocking 1/2 my windpipe. I'm having surgery in 2 weeks to remove it for the second time in 10 months. My ENT kept telling me that reflux was the issue, but an Endoscopy showed no signs of reflux. The pathology from the 1st one was benign and tested negative for paploma virus. They are basically telling me that they don't know what it is and that I just have to keep having surgery to take it out. I can't continue with that plan for the next 20 years so I'm asking for some help. Has anyone else had this issue?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

how did the surgery go? I'm absolutely dreading having to have a surgery done. I'm also getting told its acid reflux but it most certainly doesn't feel that way.. I'm having the scope done at the end of this month.. how was that experience? This has really been keeping me up at night ..I've had many test ran all came back negative.. ct scans, barium swallow, blood test. I hope you find your answer as well as myself..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.