Laser CO2 fissurectomy

Posted , 1 user is following.

I had operation for piles and fissure in 2017. It was hemorrhoidectomy and LIS. I had a really bad post-op recovery, but after 2,6 months I was ok. Unfortunately, on April fissure came back. Pain it was up to 4, in a scale 1-10, but as it wasn't healed, so I decided to have a new op on 8th of October 2021. Laser fissurectomy without LIS or botox. Doctor said that I would be without pain 3 days after operation and fissure would be completely healed in 10 days. That was NOT the case. I had pain 9, in as scale 1-10, all day long, for 10 days after op.

On 11th day I went for the schedule appointment after op. He told me that wound is still open and that's why I feel pain and give it another 15 days for healing.

Today, 23 days after op, I still feel pain after bm for hours, sometimes till next bm. Pain is up to 4, almost same condition than pre op. But without painkillers. Is this normal healing time or wound it wont healed just like fissure? Anyone same experience with laser fissurectomy? Please!!! I dont even want to think of a new op.

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.