Last day of Effexor 37.5 mg’s

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi folks. Just came from seeing my Dr. And tomorrow will be my first day off Effexor. I anticipate a bit of a rogh ride for a week to 10 days. Anyone have any advice???  I know my brain will be buzzing as my brain will be adjusting to no meds. I plan on doing accupuncture weekly as well as exercising daily!!!!  Hope it doesnt last too long!!!!!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Should be rough ride as I dont know what a rogh ride is!!!!!!  Lol
  • Posted

Some people are able to come off venlafaxine  without any withdrawals you may be one of the lucky 🍀 ones I’m on my last bead of vensir 75mg (6 beads inside)  not what the gp recommended of course  so not endorsing this way , so will be very interested in seeing how you are doing .  You may not feel like eating much while your body is adjusting, so have plenty of protein snacks around as well as healthy snacks and fruit, drink plenty of fluids, and try to keep busy and let friends family know so they can support you if you need it, maybe some supplements, this is what I will be aiming to do 😁 hope it goes well for you John

• Posted

Thanks very much Karen. The journey begins!!!!!!!!  Enjoy your day
  • Posted

I came off it once and I remember getting brain zaps. They lasted a week and once it was cleared I was back to my old self but without the calming effects of effexor.
    • Posted

Getting a few brain zaps but they are tollerable. Would be nice if they went away soon. Doing lots of exercise and that seems to be helping also. I dont want to be on meds anymore!!!!!  Hopefully this will be the end of them. 
  • Posted

You will be fine I was ok for three years but started taking it again one day I hope to be off it again.
    • Posted

Mike. I’m nust tired of not feeling right so I went to see my Dr and she thought I could try getting off Ven. We’ll see how it goes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.