Last night I had pain in the centre of my chest

Posted , 5 users are following.

It was whilst I was lay down either on my back or side. The pain would last about 15-20 seconds...quite intense, then go away but come back after a few minutes. Gradually the frequency got longer. I took some Rennes, milk and eventually some paracetamol. What should I do. I can't get to see my G.P. Till Thursday.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello, What is your main worry about this pain ? It sounds as though it could be acid reflux, particularly as its worse when you lie down. Between now and your appointment you could make a note as to what you eat and if the pain follows food or has any pattern to it. If the pain becomes severe and continuous then it would be a good idea to get checked out but from what you say it doesnt sound too urgent.. I think you did the right thing with the milk etc. How have you been since then ? Try not to worry, this may even resolve itself and if not your doctor is sure to be able to prescribe something to help. I hope you get a good nights sleep tonight. Perhaps a warm milky drink will help to settle your stomach. all the best.

Bess.

• Posted

I have been suffering for some time with occasional palpitation type problems. I wonder if I could be suffering from atrial fibrillation.
    • Posted

I would think that if this is caused by atrial fibrillation you would have experienced other symptoms too and also the symptoms would be of longer duration. I wonder if you drink much coffee and if you do, it might be an idea to cut down on this. Also, could anxiety be causing palpitations ? I know from experience how uncomfortable this can be. When you go to see your GP, just mention the palpitations and he/she may suggest an ECG but may also just check your pulse and reassure you that all is well. As you probably know, atrial fibrilllation is treatable so dont worry but this still sounds gastric to me. Keep in touch, I think you will be fine.

Bess.

• Posted

I agree with Bess, it must be acid reflux. You could help your yourself by not eating oily, backed, and Spice food for a while. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.