Last night WHAT was this?!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Ok y’all, this was bad...it’s happened one other time last year, just wondering if anyone’s ever had an episode like this or not...

I was driving home, and all of a sudden I got this weak feeling in my arms, my head felt really heavy and almost “buzzing” if that makes sense? 

Next it was like this “rush” or “flush” of a feeling that I felt like from my waist or around there slowing all the way up to my head and down my arms. 

I FREAKED out so the panic started, heart beating SO fast, and I got the shakes bigtime.

It took me probably an hour to “come down”.  I wasn’t sweating at all, but the only thing that made me ok enough to finish the drive was putting the air on full blast and blowing it right at my face.

I’ve heard of women having hot flashes without sweating- was that it? 

I got immediate like gurgling digestive stuff afterwards. 

And also after had a minor headache.

I was literally exhausted afterwards also.

I was so scared I texted my boyfriend and was like PLEASE come over here. He didn’t miss a beat and showed up right away...was very supportive but it still freaked me out because idk what it was!! 

My arms felt very weak afterwards. 

Today, waking up, I didn’t feel “too” bad, but still a little weak. Have the front of head/between eyes pressure today. And little shooting pains in my neck/throat area, not that that part is related but thought I’d mention it.

Anyways- who has had an episode like this, and if you have, and went to the doctor, what was the diagnoses or outcome? 

Thanks in advance ladies- I’m freaking out :-( 

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Oh dear, it sounds very scary. There might be ladies here who had the same experience. Let's see. I just wanted to send you best wishes. Before you forget write them down in order and perhaps see a Dr and tell them exactly. Take care & try not to worry

• Posted

This is what happens to me, and I keep saying it’s my version of a hot flash. And I think what’s happening is, when your estrogen and progesterone start declining, your body starts making more cortisol and adrenaline because it’s confused. 

I used to get it worse, things are starting to calm down just a bit. I used to shake really bad when it would happen. Now I only shake a little or not at all. 

I’ve never had a real hot flash where I sweat, but my cheeks get hot, and of course the burning feet and legs I talk about and nobody seems to ever have that! 

Try not to panic when this happens because anxiety will just make it worse.

• Posted

I have burning, hot feet and legs at night! I also periodically get what I call "the trembles"....like a deep shivering. When it stops I get hot. Just a bunch of nonsense....something everyday!

• Posted

Sounds like a hot flush that created a severe panic attack immediately afterwards. I have had them like that, but the feeling begins in my feet then slowly moves right up my body causing me to panic like mad. Then I get pain in my head, due to menopause I have 3 types of migraine which my optomatrist cannot find any other cause for. I too get the terrific exaustion the next day, usually with niggly aches and pains anywhere on my body. I tell you, until you menopause you just have no idea how many of your bodies functions dont work normally if your hormones go out of sync. XXX Heres hoping this helps you.
  • Edited

You had a hot flush with no sweat...that sent you into a panic attack. Panic attacks deploy all of our fight or flight devices- that's why you were shaky and weak and exhausted afterward. Your body thought you had been in a fight or ran a mile! So your muscles , heart and brain were full of adrenaline!

How do I know? Guess how...!

You will probably have differing levels of that now and again. You will laugh at yourself when it's over but when you're in the throes of it, you will truly believe you are dying. Get a good physical and tell doc everything but I bet money that it's hormone induced fun and shenanigans. Hugs!!

• Posted

Every single one of you are a god send!

My mom told me the same thing- I was just literally shocked that you can have a hot flash with no sweat! I didn’t even really “feel hot” so to speak....but the only thing that kept me from “feeling” like I was gonna crash my car was blowing the cold air in my face. 

Thank you all so much!! ❤️❤️

• Posted

nothing surprises me anymore , sorry to hear about this especially while driving! once i woke up and had to put both my arms and legs up in the air thought i was having a mental breakdown then bam just like that it was over, i never knew what happen hope it never happens again !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.