Last physio

Posted , 8 users are following.

had fourth and last physio session was very pleased with my progress was discharged with a bend of 100 now just got to carry on the work at home 

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

well done sharon bet thats a relief!!!! your very lucky we dont get physio in west yorks we have to do everything our selves, I saw my consultant on Tue 8 weeks post op today and even he didnt measure my bend????
  • Posted

Well done Shaton,  I can't understand why so many different health care hospitals and  authorities  differ so much in the  after treatmen of TKR.      
  • Posted

You've done very well in just 4 sessions.  Hope your straightening is good, too, as that's often more difficult to sustain.

Congratulations!

• Posted

Thank you all I had the choose and book scheme so went to the private hospital in Northampton as a nhs patient they have been brilliant will definitely go there again when I have to have the other one done.never had a problem with the straightening patsyrose
    • Posted

Hi Sharon well done, I'm 7 weeks and had my 4th physio yesterday with a bend of 110 and straight leg was ok too.  I also had the choose and book and our private hospital under the nhs and cannot fault my treatment right from the word go.  I will definitely go for this when I get my other knee done (not yet, phew not even sure I could go through that pain again)!  How is your pain, I'm still waking up several times in the night and getting random upset stomachs?  X
    • Posted

Pain not too bad just niggly pains inside the knee and it aches ,I too still wake up several times in the night to turn over and get comfortable again x
  • Posted

well done keep up the good work its posts like this that inspire me to carry on all the best
  • Posted

I was lucky to have 6 weeks of physio! I am at 13 weeks post op and the hard part is disiplining myself to continue my exercises at home. I do them at least once a day but should still be doing them 2x. No excuses. No disipline!
  • Posted

I'm 7 weeks TKR, had 18 physical therapy sessions and my surgeon just wrote a script for 10 more due to the problem with my quads not responding.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.