Latanoprost & itchy eye area

Posted , 3 users are following.

i was on Cosopt & Latanoprost but i was reassessed & told i was on too high of a dosage. So for last 6mths been on only Latanoprost. 

My right eye in corner does itch and there is a slight discoloration.

Any ideas? Can i use skin lightening cream?

i just want to sort this before whole area is discolored.

thank you

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Quite honestly I  would never ever put anything near or in my eye unless I had been thoroughly examined by a qualified  ophthalmologist or a dermaologist if the disclouration is confined to the skin near your eye..

​Your eyes are precious . What does your opthalmologist or GP or  dermatologist say?

• Posted

This may be something you have to put up with as it can be a side effect of Latanaprost.

Definitely NO! do not put skin lightening cream anywhere near your eyes.  It contains a bleaching agent and you will probably cause severe irritation on the senstive eye area.

You may need something from your doctor or ophthalmologist if the itching does not stop.

• Posted

Hi again Kimla

Further to my posting I would lie to add.

As Marina has said never put anything near your eyes.​Some products can give off fumes irritant to the eyes. Bleach is one of them and as Marina has already stated bleach is a component of lightening creams.

• Posted

thank you all. i was just worried i look like i have a black eye or darkening in that area. i have an eye appmt thurs so i will ask.

thank you all so much.

very much appreciated

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.