Latarjet Procedure in 3 weeks

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has experience of the latarjet procedure? I'm due to have it in 3 weeks and just wondered what people's experiences are in terms of movement, recovery etc.

Thanks

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I had the procedure done 12 weeks ago and am still recovering,  it really tightens the joint that's a definite and recovery feels long but am making progress day by day.

I am now doing PT and on resistance bands which is good.

The pain is quite high after the procedure so be prepared for that when the nerve block wears off but it seems to be strong so far and I am happy with the surgery

Good luck with the procedure and your recovery

• Posted

I was off work (office work) for 3 weeks and then started working light duties from home for a further 4 weeks

Re sling I was in that for 3 weeks too

PT started after 6 weeks but all doctors are different on when they recommend PT starting according to my consultant

• Posted

Well after 2 cancellations tomorrow is the day! Fingers crossed all goes well for the op!

Regarding being in hospital were you in and out in a day?

Thanks

• Posted

Well I'm now 5 days away from the surgery and last night I ended up back in hospital to have my shoulder relocated after another bad dislocation. As normal there is swelling and limited movement & pain. Anyone know if this will affect my surgery?

• Posted

Sorry to hear that, I know how painful that is...

Re surgery,  don't know if honest, ask surgeon but I did have surgery in 2003 via athroscopic procedure to tighten the socket and 3 days prior I dislocated it and I spoke to the surgeon back then and he said it was fine as one of the first things they do in that procedure is dislocate the arm anyway!

Not sure about Latarjet but sure it will be fine,  Good Luck!

• Posted

Thanks I'm told surgery went as well as could be expected. Woke up in recovery having a shaking fit which they controlled but the nerve block hasn't hit all the nerves so had some chronic pain in my shoulder but it's eased a bit now. Stayed in hospital 1 night with no sleep and then came home yesterday. Slept like a baby last night but probably tiredness and pain killers in my system. This morning it's agony pain right across my shoulder and down my clavicle to the centre of my neck

• Posted

Good luck with the recovery, the first week is the hardest!!

• Posted

Hi all,

Well im now 5 months in and all is going well.. or at least it was. Today I keep getting a shooting pain in my shoulder and it feels tighter all of a sudden. The shooting pain is almost like that I used to get immediately prior to shoulder dislocation.

I have called my consultant but he is on annual leave today so won't get anywhere today. Any ideas what it is/may be?

Thank,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.