Late period

Posted , 2 users are following.

Anyone ever have their period be 4 days late because of a cyst? I’m going to the doctor in the morning to see what’s going on. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello! I had a large ovarian cyst previously and I knew something wasn't right as my periods were late and I'm always clockwork. When they did come they would be very light. An internal scan confirmed a cyst on my left ovarh. Luckily it went away on its own in time. Well, it ruptured in fact which was very painful for several days but it saved me having an op because they said they didn't want to leave it as it was large and was causing me alot of discomfort. 6 months on I'm getting the same symptoms and have another scan booked for this month. It's certainly not easy being a woman but I hope all goes well for you x

• Posted

Thanks! I hope they can give me some answers. I’ve been before to other places and they’ve just brushed it off. I hope this place I go to tomorrow gets something done. 
  • Posted

It was the same for me. It was only because I went back a second time and ended up in tears as she said it was just my contraceptive causing the problem that she sent me for a scan that found my cyst. We know our own bodies and we know when something isn't right so a gp should listen and understand that instead of palming us off. I wish you lots of luck! Xx

• Posted

My family has used this place I’m going to for a long time. I have faith in this place that they will make sure something gets done so it doesn’t keep occurring. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.