Late Period (possibly due to grief)

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello Forum,

This is my last resort in hopes to find help.

My period is late. About a week late, to be exact, and I'm starting to become extremly distressed and worried.

I am 17 and really scared that I might be pregnant (I even had a panic attack yesterday and have since then been on the edge, including extreme shaking and accelerated heartbeat).

A bit of background: my father passed away in September. My period came on day 24 that month, the last one on day 31. I have a boyfriend and we did have sex this month, but we always used a safely stored condom: it didn't rip either, since my boyfriend is very careful and has expirienced a ripping before, thus knows the feeling.

Adding up to the death of my father also comes that I have just had my exams in school.

I have none of the symptoms I could possibly get: I'm just neasseous due to my extreme anxiety at the moment. Is it possible that I have gotten pregnant anyways or am I just overreacting?

(I'm too scared to get a pregnancy test because I'm scared to be pregnant. I shouldn't worry too much since in worst case, I could have an abortion done since it's legal in my country, but who really wants that? Im not really for that.)

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

You got to take a test if you dont feel confident just pee on it and let your bf or a trusted friend read your result. Sometimes sex also can mess up your cycle it happened to me many times where i thought i was pregnant but my cycle was late. And about abortion. I was 17 when i got pregnant and i couod not do it because of religious purposes plus i dont believe in termintating a life because a baby is a blessing but its all personal choice. You could try adoption have the baby and give it to adoption. But its al your choice having a baby is tough in saying it as a single mother of an autistic kid. But in the end i love her she's my little boo thang so i wouldnt say its terrible i just wished i had waited till marriage because its easier raising a baby with 2 parents rather than by yourself

• Posted

Thanks for your reply ^^

I think I will take the test tomorrow because my close friend is on vacation and my boyfriend is working until 10 today. smile

The latter really is my choice, and the thing is if I got pregnant now I would have it just at the start of my next school year (my most important one) and could potentially risk all I've been working for. I understand how you feel about it, since I grew up in a christian household in a catholic christian country (the laws allow abortion, however, no doctor is forced to perform one if it goes against their belief). I just really couldnt afford it at the moment. One day, I will have children and I will take care of them: just not now, not in the situation I'm stuck in smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.