Lateral anal fissure

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone have the symptoms of fissures but it's the left lateral side. It's been going on for the last 4 weeks, rectal pressure, buttocks with tingling and stinging with bowel movements. The discomfort goes on pretty much all day. Has this happen to anyone and not diagnose with anal cancer ?  

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

This is exactly how it feels. My pain radiated to the right and felt like it even affected the vaginal area,one side only. The sitz baths made that disappear. Put lubricant on prior to your bowel movements it is about 2 bucks at walmart. If you don't have any use vaseline. You must lubricate before a BM. Try  to take a sitz bath after a BM this will help you. It has been said coconut oil in the bath helps. I use epsom salt a half of a cup,baking powder 3 teaspoons,lavender oil. Soak 20-30 mins. You will get relief. Take two Ibuprofen after your BM more if needef. I have to take 3 sometimes. Recticare applied after your bath and or hemrrhoid med will help. It is a process. Almost a fulltime job to control this pain.

• Posted

My only concern is because of the location of the fissure, left rather that front of back.  Also the pain is on the buttock only sometimes spreads to the other buttock. That's where my concern is, I read online that lateral fissure main something else 

• Posted

Hi sorry for what you going true. Don't think of any thin gels until not diagnosed. I had at first same thing. Fissure, piles the all have same simp toms as cancer . When I was readin for 2 weeks I thought I had cancer. I was worried tomuch wich make my simptomos worst. I had cronick  anal fissure , I had treatment op. LIS and I am fine. Also I had pain in my left side. But that could be piles, also fissure cut also little bet was on the left side. Try to relax I am sure you know alote about diet. When the spasm starts try to go for walk it help me alote. But over all my advise if you have CAF do the operation called LIS. All the best

• Posted

You could have a thrombosed internal hemorrhoid. That is what I had and then it turned into an anal fissure. Try lots of sitz baths, increase your fiber, and drink lots of water. 
    • Posted

Hi Anna. What do you mean by sciatica pain?  I started out with throbbing stings and then yes I had a lot of discomfort. It felt like burning actually, it felt like someone poured rubbing alcohol on an open wound. I am pain-free now; however, the last two days I have had kind of a throbbing, stabbing jolt.  My worst fear is that it could be coming back.  Are you doing any better? I see you posted this two days ago and I am just getting back to you. 
  • Posted

Did you guys have a lot discomfort? 
  • Posted

It's getting better,  discomfort still there ! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.