Lateral foot pain when walking

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all just curious if anybody has any helpful hints?

3 weeks ago i went over on my foot there was barely any pain and i carried on at work. As the days went by it became increasingly painful until a week later i had a limp. The pain is on the side of my foot on the outside. I contacted my GP and was sent for an x-ray. It showed nothing was broken and as i had no swelling or bruising i was given painkillers to help me get through work before half term. As i work in a primary school ive had this week off and have rested my foot for a week. By day 3 I could walk around the house with zero pain. By day 7 all the pain had gone entirely. As an active person i thought great ill go for a little walk. I went for a 1 mile walk which is incredibly short for me but before i got to a mile the pain came back and so did my limp. I went straight home and rested it again. However work is around the corner and it is impossible to take it easy in my line of work. The GP has told me to take it easy at work told me to take pain medication when needed which isn't very helpful but I understand that I cannot be seen during the current circumstances. Has anybody got any advice? Any suggestions to help it heal so I can work without a limp and go back to my regular 10+mile walks? I know time and rest will play an important role but i average 15k steps at work on a quiet day so im worried im going to make it worse.

Thank you in advance 😃

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.