Lateral internal sphincterectomy

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello,

I had surgery to repair my anal fissure and skin tag removal 4 days ago and i have yet to have a bowel movement. At this point it is unimaginable to me as i am still experiencing severe pain when not medicated. i know a lot of the advice is to not take narcotics but i dont know how i would be able to manage without them at this point. I have been taking stool softeners and drinking lots of water with a very light diet, mostly liquids. I have had no appetite. i was really hoping the pain would be better by now so i can stop taking narcotics but i have tried taking tylenol and advil and the pain is unbearable. Has anyone had similar experience to mine with a happy ending? 😦

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi, taking narcotics is not helping the pain It will make it worse!! ive been through the pain, it can be insane, but you need to handle the pain without narcotics the sooner you can get through that you’ll be better. lubricate before bowel movement use hot bath before and after, but the absolute best thing in the world is a hot wheat bag to sit on!

• Posted

so sorry your are in bad pain.unfortunately, pain killers and constipation go hand in hand and a vicious circle. besides stool softener you need now a laxative like MYRALAX, which is an osmotic laxative. or try milk of magnesia. if beyond five days, you may want to try an enema. any of these while still taking the stool softener to avoid hard stools. if you are somewhere in UsA, you can get CALMOL suppositories to soften the stool and coat the rectum and prevent a hard bm.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.