Lateral ligament repair with peroneal tendon transfer and more.

Posted , 6 users are following.

In August I'm going in for surgery to fix my ankle which I broke a year ago. The surgeon is doing 3 procedures at that time.

He will do an arthroscopic repair to the cartilage under the talus, which I guess I broke. He will also do a lateral ligament repair with peroneal tendon transfer.

I'd like to find a video on the latter, but can't seem to find one on YouTube. Any thoughts?

I'm told I'll be non weight bearing for 6 weeks, which will be hard for me. At the moment I'm almost 9 weeks post op from shoulder surgery and not healing well.

Does anyone have experience with these kinds of surgeries?

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Good luck with your surgery! I'm 3 weeks post-op Lateral Ankle ligament reconstruction surgery with Arthrex implant. Ive been in a boot and non weight bearing.

I thought the non-weight-bearing would be harder than it is to be honest. The first week was the worst because I want realistic and to be truthful....awful on crutches. The stairs are not my friend and after one fall I resorted to crab walking backwards to get up and down stairs. A little depression set in which is to be expected, as well as a little weight gain and muscle astrophy at is finest which doesn't help. My best advice, if people offer to help. .take it! Take whatever you can get!

I got the ok to, while wearing my boot and using crutches to stand for the first time at the doctor's office yesterday. I only lasted ..less than a minute. .but as the day went on I kept trying through the pain. Today a little more. I have a good 4-6 more weeks of this type of recovery before PT but every day is a little better!

Wishing you the best!

• Posted

It's 5 months post op, and not much has changed. I finished physio today. I have good range of motion, but I still have a lot of painful spasms and pain through the ankle.

The toes still don't work, nothing is helping that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.