lateral meniscectomy followed by peroneal nerve issues

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all

Wondering if anyone else out there has had a similar experience?

I'll try and make it brief

2011 injured Right knee drs put it down to a knee sprain

2013 same injury same diagnosis

2014 same injury but large bucket handle tear of lateral meniscus... surgery 15days later and spent the next 9 1/2 weeks in a rom brace

Still had lateral painand tingling in arch of foot and burning pain in toes

Months of physio all seemed good

2015 getting out of chair lateral pain again

Nothing showed on mri

6 months of physio with no improvement

Arthroscopy to determine what was going on

First surgery had failed so needed meniscectomy and plica debride

Pins and needles are way worse now and so is the burning lateral pain

Go for nerve studies next month but neurosurgeon certain it's my peroneal nerve

Has anyone had the decompression surgery due to a meniscectomy

Cheers kez

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, have you ever been checked out for crps? sounds to me that is what are going through from what you described, I have it & is much of what you descibe I have minus the surgery never had any surgery, but started off with knee injury few months ago & everything went wrong I have to use walker to get around due to my knees are in pain, my feet get swollen with nerves on toes feel like pins are going into them & burning feeling. I refuse to go through the EMG test being I here that is is painful needle test but even more so can cause more problems to the nerves that I don't need added to my plate of issues.

If I was you I would get checked to see if you have CRPS, I hope & pray you will be healed soon,take care God bless.

• Posted

Hi

Thankyou for your reply

No I haven't been tested for crps and I guess that is something I can put to the neurosu

• Posted

Neurosurgeon when I see him next after I get results from my tests

Some days are unbearable with the pain and I am so sick of taking medications just to function and I'm petrified at the thought of another knee op

Crps is something I will endeavour to find out more about as I know nothing of it

Sorry to hear your pain with it

God bless

• Posted

yes there is just so many things can be,I am going to get a second opinion on my knee to be sure what is going on, been frustraighting but I keep pushing on.. I hope & pray all will get well with you soon..God bless.

• Posted

I sent you an email! Hope your recovery is going well!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.