Lateral meniscus tear with cysts

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, i am just wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this before, i have a lateral meniscus tear with cysts, i have had this confirmed by MRI and i am awaiting an appointment with orthopaedics.

the pain comes and goes and my knee is always tender along the joint line, i get occasional pins and needles and a burning sensation down my leg. I cant fully do my job due to not being able to kneel or squat without discomfort and it hurting more than usual for a few days after.

I have done physio therapy for 3 months without improvement, i am 37 what options will I have? thanks in advance.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

i have had the same issue for many years with my knee. some times i walk on uneven ground or twist then my knee complains severely.

every time things go south i will wear my rocker shoes. they take the pressure of the knee , ankle , hips and walk better without limping heal to toe . it takes a week or so to calm down. then i can move back to regular shoes with padding in the bottom and a walk fit arch. walk fit arched are in all my shoes due to foot and arch issues . i have had 3 hip joint replacement surgeries and each one set the body angles a little different and these rocker shoes are my go to when joints complain.

that my story and i'm sticken to it... no more joint surgeries so far.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.