Latest about my fibroid,following ct scan results

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone and thanks for all your advice and how your experiences have been,or are currently having,well the latest is my CT scan results showed not only my intramural fibroid(not sure if that's how it's spelt),but it also showed that I have an ovarian cyst,and a umbilical hernia,which tbh has scared the crap out of me,I'm scared that I'm going to lose my fertility,also I'm a bit confused as to the size of my fibroid,when I found out about my fibroid,on the 4th may,they said it was 1cm by 6mm,now on a letter I received a few days ago from gynaecology,it says 10 x 6mm,but I don't know if that means 10cm x 6 mm,or 10mm x 6mm,I was supposed to have my follow up appointment this afternoon,but gynaecology rang me this morning,to tell me they've had to cancel it,as the doctor I was going to see is off sick,and the main doctor I'm under is on leave at the moment,they said sorry it's such short notice,and they will reschedule my appointment as soon as they can,going out of my mind,scared and extremely anxious

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jenny,

Don't worry, try not to over think things in your head because that'll just drive you crazy. I'm the same as you and over think things. I have my op tomorrow and trying my best not to freak myself out about it. 

• Posted

Hi thanks I'll try not to,easier said then done though,good luck with your op tomorrow,hope it all goes well

• Posted

You are stronger than you think. Stay strong. Get all the details and research your options. We women need to support each other. 
    • Posted

Hi thanks,I really am trying to be,just finding it hard to,I will be getting all the info and research as much as I can,I completely agree,we do need to support each other
  • Posted

Hello, I have had intramural and submucosal fibroids as well as possible cyst/endometriosis. I was on NHS for 18 months and they only gave me the pill to reduce the blood but the fibroids were still growing so I went to Romania and had a laparoscopic myomectomy as a private hospital called Wellborn ( very good price compare with private healthcare in U.K. And very fast service in less than a month

I have had all done, appointments and operation)

They only removed my fibroids so my fertility has not been affected so far. 16 days today after the operation and I have had no pain at all, slightly discomfort when I walked the first couple of days after. I haven't had any bleeding yet. I think the fibroids are measured in cm, I have had 4, biggest one was 7cmx5 like a tennis ball. 

I still  have very small one 1cm and so far the possible cyst hasn't cause any issue. I am 34 and have no kids. Hope this help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.