Latest incident with CES lost movement from mid back down

Posted , 6 users are following.

1-1/2 years ago I got an epidural shot for back pain that went wrong and I lost movement in my legs and became incontinent. I had two back surgeries and got a shunt inserted for hydrocephalus. I began to improve with PT and could walk and stand short distance with a walker. Two months ago I woke up and could not stand. Got a course of steroids but no improvement. I cannot any longer lift my legs. Doctors are out of ideas. They think it is an outcome of the anachroditis. PT is their option. Don't know whether it will improve. I'm in a wheelchair and very despondent. Not being able to stand has been a game changer. Any suggestions? I am 69 and have been fit all my life.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi would love to talk to you about what you have going on send me a private message and I will send you my phone number or you can send me yours hope I can help I am so sorry what you are going through..s. Herrick
  • Posted

I know this was 3 months ago but same thing has been going on

with me also after shots in lower back.Numbness,paralysis

coming and going and one day feel I won't be able to even walk.I

am 67 and got around very well even with serous back problems.

I too get depressed about it.Am told cauda equine and or ms.I did

not have that before the shots.I hope you get better soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.