Latest treatment in Australia

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anyone with Urticarial Rash should consider the treatment now used in Australia.

The drug Xolair. It is injected monthly or as direct by the Doctor.

The doctor I am seeing is experiencing 90% reversal of systems.

There is a great deal of information available but in short Xolair works by blocking the process within your body that causes histamine to be released from mast cells.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

have been getting xolair shots for CIU monthly for last two years! no longer have to take any other medications, no side effects

• Posted

Do you find that you need them every month? My doctor tells me I may not.

• Posted

i had the hots every four weeks for one year, then tried to extend period, every five weeks, then six but hives started back and have reverted to every four weeks. i am afraid to stop or spread them out again

• Posted

I live in France and started Xolair in June after all other treatments proved ineffective. It worked from day one and my dermatologist said she will prescribe it for 2 years, and then start to reduce the dosage gradually after that and see what happens. It's relatively expensive, €362 per dose here in France, £250 in UK.

I am working in the UK for 6 months and my treatment is not covered under the national health system, so I fly back every 4 weeks to collect my prescription (they won't give me 6 months worth to take to the UK) and I just self administer, (inject in my stomach, it's easy and painless).

I only suffered months of Urticaria, not years, so I can't even imagine how people put up with this condition for years, I really feel for them. If you can get Xolair then give it a go, you have nothing to lose.

• Posted

Hi

I have taken the xolair shot for over a year and half. I had one breakthru last month which was horrible and it lasted the whole month.. the only thing that helped was prednisone and the dr doesnt know what could have caused it.. now this month I have only had a couple but still get itchy from time to time..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.