Latex like vaginal odor?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been dealing with chronic BV for a little over a year, I've tried metro gel, oral flagyl and amoxicillin, and probiotics. I generally can go a month or two at most before it recurs. I don't get itching at all or pain during sex but I do get a lot of discharge that lately has a latex, rubbery smell too it, the smell has changed a couple times this year but has been like this for a while, anyone else experience this?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I’ve been experiencing the same for the past 6 weeks or so. I’ve been taking metrodonizole with no relief at all. Have you found any treatment that works yet? I’ve also started probiotics. This whole ordeal is very embarrassing 
    • Posted

No, it's been four months and the smell is still there...

• Posted

I have this too. I've read though that's it's very common if you've been having unprotected sex and either prior or after your period the blood can cause a slight change in the vaginal ph balance which causes a latex/metallic odor. Instead of showers sometimes soaking in a bath allowing the water to kind of enter the opening to rinse things out a little helps greatly with any odor for that day and even the day following. Also helps to naturally reduce yeast infections bc it literally removes the yeast inside. Bacteria in a yeast infections thrive on itself. So once the yeast starts to develop if physically removed it's not able to grow therefore taking care of any further infections festering. So, in short the odor is actually more common than ppl realize. Hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.