Latral meniscus repair

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just curious to other expierences. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ray. 

I didn't have the repair I've had a removal I was told if they had repaired it then I would of been off my leg for eight weeks. I was walking the next day after removal although I have a long recovery time due to my injury. I am back at work though just have to be careful. 

• Posted

Repair is always favorable over removal, especially if you are 21 or younger.  Recovery time after surgery depends on how bad the tear was and if it was in the white or red area.  

I had an enlarged lateral meniscus and the tear went form the center of my knee straight out to the side and formed a cyst too.  They removed the cyst, cut the extra meniscus, and used a blood clot to heal the rest.  I was off my leg for 6 weeks and it healed well because I'm still 19.  My meniscus is doing well but I'm having scar tissue complications from the cyst removal.  DO NOT under estimate scar tissue.  Massage it and ice it and everything they tell you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.