Lawn mower accident/Finger amputation

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi to anyone who ends up reading this. Last week I experienced the worst mistake ive ever made. Long story short I put my fingers too close to bottom of my push mower while mowing and completely cut off the tip of my middle finger and part of my ring finger. Obviously i know i made a stupid decision, its like i had a moment and just didnt think. I had headphones in with music jamming and a millisecond mistake cost me my normal hand. I wanted to make this thread to get any opinions on how it looks. I went into surgery and they attempted to re attatch the middle finger tip but were unable to. They did skin grafting on the ring finger and they told me overtime it will heal into a normal ring finger just a little short. I really just want any opinions on how it looks and if you think ill be able to live a happy normal life. The surgeon promised me things will get better through therapy. Attatching photos below.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.