Lax Cardia and Grade A Oesophagitis

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there everyone

Im a 23 year old man and have been suffering from persistant nausea and stomach trouble since i was a teenage. For all those years i never knew the reason why i felt sick all the time and i ended up with anxiety and constantly worrying about it, in the end it became a phobia and did everything in my power to not be sick. Yesterday morning i had an Endoscopy ( through my mouth ) just so i can have some answers, it wasnt a pleasent experience but im glad i went through with it. They said that i have Lax Cardia which is loose muscles where the Oesophagis and Stomach meet and they also said i have Grade A Oesophagitis aswell which is the same thing i think? If theres anyone there who has these disorders and know how to control the symptoms of Acid Reflux then please leave a comment, id like to know what life style i should carry and what foods i should and shouldnt eat. Thank you for reading.

3 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi David - you are very lucky to have got an early diagnosis as this could well stop your problem moving on to Barretts. You will find a heap of info on this forum. Best of luck!
  • Posted

Hi David,,

As Rex has said LUCKY early stage. Look up reflux which will help to explain all about it. But to put your mind at rest pop and see your doctor who will go through the results you had.

• Posted

thank you for your replies, how early is early? iv been feeling sick constantly for nearly a decade.
    • Posted

David mine has developed into barretts osphecus, and only by

Luck for another investigation it was found. NOW on a two

Year scan. Anyway, what have you been told by GP, have you been given medication to help you?

• Posted

well my GP diagnosed me with Acid Reflux nearly 2 years ago and given me 30mg Lansoprazole, he also though e constant nausea was due to anxiety but it was the nausea making me anxious. Only the other day ago i had my Endoscopy and found out just what was going on in my stomach, i got to go back and see the Gastroenterologist soon and he will advise what i should do 
  • Posted

Hiya David, I just wanted to say that I have that nausea and stomach pain since I was 7, nearly 11 years on, I now have severe acid reflux and have an endoscopy booked for next week! The diet foods that really help me are gluten free items, such as cereals and bread because i find wheat bloats me badly. I dont like eating rich foods, like tomato sauces because I find my acid is horrifc! I suggest plenty of water, try adding ginger, mint or lemon. Ginger and spices, in good consmption are apparently really good for acid, just no exceedingly hot curries!! That will give you heart burn! You can also get aloe vera juice from Holland and Barrett, it helps sooth and heal, so it might be good for your llax cardia. It is really tough, but you will get through this! I am a 17 year old going through the same but just keep your head up and try these things, let me know how you get on! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.