laxative

Posted , 4 users are following.

Me again. smile

I read on here a while back about someone taking fibergel to "help things along" but I can't remember if the person was constipated or just preventing it.

I could use a little help preventing it - its been a couple of day's - not unusual for me though xx

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I remember that post i think i replied to it. It says on the back not to be used with medicines that cause constipation and Xenical does so double check with Boots/Gp you could use a laxative or glycerin suppositories at least with the last one your not putting more carp pardon the pun into your system x
    • Posted

Oh thanks Britney. 

Im bit worried about asking gp incase she says best not to take them so ill ask the pharmacist.

xx

• Posted

Hi Claire,

No problem i remember buying some myself at the start then not taking them because of what it said i would advise getting an opinion from Boots etc. Personally i feel water is a great laxative drink 4 ltrs and you will go plus plums pears and peaches.

Good Luck

Brit

X

• Posted

Im already drinking in the region of about 5ltrs a day - feel like im drowning in the stuff. 

Ive never been regular so to speak and im probably going a little more than before the tablets but not in quantity lol. 

As for fruit - it's never helped me out in that department - yesterday I had a punnet of plums (they were only little but tasted soooo good).

Think the next step is a mild laxative x

• Posted

Hi Britney

Was prescribed Orlistat today by doc and intend to start taking them in next few days. Don't really know much about the whole thing other than the doc telling me to eat foods with no more than 3g  per 100g  of food. Not sure about carbs or dairy etc. Would really appreciate some help and having read through some of the forum you seem to have lots of fab ideas. Can you please help? 

• Posted

Hi susie it's no more than 5g per 100g no more than 15g fat per meal and 45g fat a day i will PM you now x
  • Posted

Hiya Claire :-)

I had the same problem in the beginning, ended up taking a mild laxitive to help me out. My problem was I was not drinking nearly enough water.

I have now incleased my water intake to 2.5 ltrs a day and dont have any problems in that direction anymore.

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Thanks daisy. Im struggling a bit with this now. I already drink in the region of 5 ltrs a day and eat fruit until its coming out of my ears. 

Its not so much how often its how much if that makes sense without being too crude lol.

Think ill be looking at a mild laxative xx

• Posted

Actually, it has been a big problem for me in the past and I resorted to eating tinned prunes in natural juice of a night.

Personally I feel some fruits work better than others Claire....especially rhubarb, that makes it happen for me every time! eek

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Im such a fussy foody lol. I don't like either of those sad 

Ill see how I go over the weekend and maybe Sunday evening ill try.

Ill get some cabbage to go with my Sunday roast that sometimes helps a little. lol xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.