Laxido

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi All,

I have been given Laxido from the doc as he thinks I am quite badly constipated due to abdominal pain and struggling to go the toilet.

I have now taken 2 sachets and nothing has yet happened, does anyone know how long it can take to start working?

Thanks

Sarah

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I don't know Sarah but my hubby takes 3 a day if that's any help?
  • Posted

should work as directed.

if you get no joy; then you could try diabetic chocolate; or sugar free sweets.. smile

• Posted

Hi Sarah, i take laxido sachets it takes a good 24 hours to 2 days for them to start working for me, hope this helps Rebecca x
  • Edited

Thanks for the replies, maybe they will start to work soon then.

When they do work is it a case you need to get to the toilet quickly or is it not that bad? Just a little concerned as I work in an office lol.

• Posted

Hi sarah

Does it not give an indication on the leaflet that cam with the meds of when they are likely to start working? have a look!! I find a nice hot cup of strong tea does the trick ...best wishes.... 

• Posted

Hi Lilian,

No it doesnt say sad I've only taken two sachets so far but I thought normally this type of stuff works within a few hours, maybe I will take an extra sachet tonight and see what happens!!

• Posted

HI sarah,

Dont take too many!! could be on the loo forever....bwishes

• Posted

Be patient .. about 2 days is average but it obviously depends on the dosage you have been told to use.

I started on 2 a day but found it was a bit to much so dropped down to one and touch wood all is ok.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.