LCL & ACL op

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm having ACL & LCL ligaments tear Op in June. Has anyone else had this Op and how long is recovery time? 

I also have nerve damage in both knees so would you think recovery time is longer?

Christine 

TKR Nov '14

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I've had 2 ACL reconstructions and my typical full recovery time was 9-12 months. But it does depend on what you are wanting to do once you have recovered. I wanted to play competitive football which is why it took longer, but obviously you'll be able to do other things before this stage of the recovery.
    • Posted

Hi James

I was involved in a major road accident, a car hit my moped head on. I was 6 weeks in hospital. I've had a new right knee replacement last year. I have nerve damage in both knees. I didn't walk for 15 months.

my left knee has two torn ligaments ACL and LCL so that's being done June sometime as I've got holidays booked beforehand. 

I spose I've got a long road ahead still. Good luck with your recovery

Christine

TKR Nov 2014

• Posted

Hi James

I had my ACL & also finished up having LCL ligament repair 3 weeks ago.

I'm coping a little better now I'm walking on crutches.

I have physio once a week at Wrightington.

I'm still on painkillers mainly for nerve pain since my accident.

How are your knees now?

• Posted

Hi Christine

Great news that you've had your op and that it's gone well. First few weeks post op are always the hardest and most frustrating.

I'm waiting for my third ACL reconstruction now unfortunately, seeing my OS on Monday. The graft that I have in my knee at the moment is very loose and unstable so we're going to try again.

Best of luck with your recovery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.